Monday, December 14, 2009

challenge class

although we are running the same comments on Rob's blog I would like to copy my comments here. I do hope that many of you respond with your suggestions and comments. The AAC is a great place to play and is proud to be all inclusive. With this in mind lets take the necessary steps forward to be just that.
J N-R
below as posted on Rob's blog site
Time + faults could work and still give everyone a chance to Q.
I am all for going for the gusto and love running on the edge and I want to RUN CLEAN. I am torn between awarding or not awarding faults.
That being said I do think that time + allows those who are riding on the edge the encouragement to continue pushing the envelop. As we learn how to handle these courses the clean runs will come.
It is very discouraging to knock a bar while running a course in 5+ yps and not Q, while others running clean at 3 yps are rewarded with the Q.
As Barry questioned, how do we balance the need for greater standards with increased yps against the needs of the agility community as a whole?
This class is to help develop and encourage teams for international competition. Give them a taste of running on the edge and feel the thrill of a great run.
Our goals are long term. Will this class develop internationals competitors this year or next? In my lifetime? I doubt it. It takes years to develop world class athletes, but if we do not provide the vehicle to train on now will we ever be able to consider the AAC a world class venue and truly meet the objectives of the AAC?
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment